Wednesday 4 December 2013

Turkey Sliders for all ages

A slider, so I'm told is a small burger.  I've mixed these up by making them with turkey (seasonal) but also sneaking in some hidden vegetables (why not) and a bit of spice!  These are super easy and healthy because they're made with white meat and baked not fried.

I do have a bit of love for sweet chilli sauce.  Although when my son was under 1 I diligently avoided giving him sugar as much as possible, I eased up as he got older.  Sweet chilli as an ingredient is a great way to introduce some gentle spicing in a way that is more predictable than using a small amount of chilli.

Sliders


He tried some of my sliders with sweet chilli sauce but on balance preferred his served with ketchup.  Had I got any in the house, I would have served these with baked sweet potato wedges but I didn't so I served with cooked carrot sticks instead.  Might seem a bit strange but he loved it!

Turkey Sliders - made 5

Ingredients

125g, 4.5oz Minced (ground) turkey
60g, 2 oz Grated courgette (zucchini)
1 tbsp Thai style sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp chopped fresh Coriander (cilantro)

Method

Mush all of the ingredients together then shape into patties and chill on a tray lined with baking paper and covered with cling film (saran wrap).



When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200oC, 400F, Gas Mark 6.  Remove the film and bake for approx 18 minutes or until cooked through.

Turkey sliders


Serve in small buns with lettuce and either sweet chilli sauce or tomato ketchup.  I have to admit I liked them and I'd be tempted to make them again just for me!

It just so happens that January's Family Foodies challenge is all about 'hidden goodies'.  Is there a more appropriate challenge for Mamacook?  I think not!  So I've submitted this along with a few other recipes to Bangers and Mash and Eat your veg's challenge:


6 comments:

  1. I'm a great fan of hamburgers, meatballs, meatloaf, etc, so will definitely try these. They look delicious. I like the idea of serving them with sweet chill sauce as well. Rings the changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a bit of sweet chilli. Couldn't convince my son to have his with extra sweet chilli but he did try it.

      Delete
  2. Could I cook these from frozen? If so for how long / what temp.? They look yummy though… not sure how many would actually make it to the freezer…!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried, there were none left but I've got some more turkey mince so I might give it a go!

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, my girls are going to love these sliders! And me too... A perfect entry for January's Family Foodies Hidden Goodies challenge. You're right this month's challenge could have been designed for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We made them again last night for tea!

      Delete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.